POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: Extending the #read directive : Re: Extending the #read directive Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extending the #read directive
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 May 2003 13:50:57
Message: <3EBA9900.1BC55F6D@gmx.de>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> > You say you need to convert mesh data into a form that POV-Ray can
> > read as arrays and the only solution should be to modify POV-Ray?
>
> Not the only solution, I just hoped for an automatic process.

It is also not the only solution for automatic processing.  Both solutions
i mentioned can be automatized.

> > If your mesh2 file is always in the same basic form
> > (i.e. line breaks at the same positions etc.)
>
> It's not.

So you say your program strays in random variations of the output
formatting just to tease users?  Maybe you misunderstood me, i just meant
the output uses

mesh2 {
vertex_vectors {

or anything else and not occasionally switches between different
variations like:

mesh2
{ vertex_vectors
{ ...

mesh2{vertex_vectors{...

(and after i thought a bit more about it - even this could be handled by
sed without serious problems).

Christoph