POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages : Re: Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Apr 2003 08:45:05
Message: <3EAFC550.9F239993@gmx.de>
Le Forgeron wrote:

> [...]
>
> No planning for 3.5 so far for me, but you're free to move it to 3.5 and
> even to enhance it (using the functions of 3.5 is propably the most
> interesting enhancement).

It's quite high on my priority list but since it is quite a large patch it
will probably take some time...

> Just beware of the marching-cube patent, if it
> apply to you...

I know.  The main problem seems that no one knows how broad these patents
are.  It it's just about disabling one or two of the tesselation methods
that should not be a problem.  If on the other hand the patent owners
could claim all grid based tesselation methods are covered this would
apply to all tesselation methods of that patch.

Christoph