POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Modeling a Brain with Povray : Re: Modeling a Brain with Povray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling a Brain with Povray
From: fidel viegas
Date: 10 Jan 2003 18:26:30
Message: <3E1F551B.1030500@nodomain.com>
Tom Melly wrote:
> "fidel viegas" <fid### [at] nodomaincom> wrote in message
> news:3E1### [at] nodomaincom...
>
>>Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you have attempted to model a
>>brain with povray.
>>How would you go about creating such a complex structure?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Fidel.
>>

> I played around with doing this (for a brain coral).
>
> Wouldn't do if the brain was the main component of the scene, but might be a
> help if it's just a few of 'em in jars on a backshelf or something...
>
> #include "functions.inc"
>
> #declare F_1 = function(x,y,z){(pow(x,2)+pow(y,2)+pow(z,2)) +
> f_ridged_mf(x*10,y*10,z*10,1,1,1,1,0,3)/5 - 2}
> #declare Brain1 =
> isosurface {
>   function {F_1(x,y,z)}
>   max_gradient 20
>   contained_by {box {-5,5}}
>   pigment { rgb<0.7,0.5,0.5> }
> }
> object{Brain1}

Hi Tom, thanks a lot for the source. I'll play around with it. I didn't
know isosurfaces were so cool. I had a look at them yesterday all day
and found a couple of tutorials on how to do volume rendering and I am
quite amazed with it.

By the way, here is another link on df3 files:
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/df3/

Thank you all

All the best

Fidel.