POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Dec 2002 09:58:55
Message: <3DECC6AC.A41B0178@gmx.de>
Michael Andrews wrote:

> [...]
>
> This is why you not only need an even sample distribution but also to
> have the distribution as even as possible over the first N samples of
> the distribution where N can be any number up to the maximum possible
> number of samples.

Exactly, like i said in

> For something like a repulsion algorithm which sets the position of all
> the sample points at once you would then need to choose the sampling
> order carefully to get a good distribution for any number of points.

Yes, that's the idea how to do it.  Generate a number of point using an
arbitrary algorithm (but chosen for a uniform but non-regular
distribution) and then sort them for maximum uniformity at lower sample
counts too.  I can't think think of a different method that does not
produce a regular distribution.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______