POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 2 Dec 2002 05:11:28
Message: <3DEB3420.D7210BB1@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> Ahh! If you used a unit circle to do the repulsion thing then you are
> quite right - you do not get an even distribution at the edge: all the
> outermost points would be pressed against the rim.
>
> This is why I used a 2 radius circle when I was doing the Delaunay
> triangulation, and adding samples until I had enough in the unit circle.
> That way you get an even distribution right across the unit circle -
> right to the rim of the hemisphere.

I am uneasy about this. I fear you do not solve the problem
but only make it less visible by moving the edge farther out.
I would prefer doing the thing without any edges at all: Use
the unit square as a torus, find an even distribution there,
map it onto the unit circle via
  phi <- 2*pi*x
  r <- sqrt(y)
and then proceed as you suggested.