POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Nov 2002 10:23:51
Message: <3DE78686.8FFBA5EB@gmx.de>
Mark Weyer wrote:

> [...]
>
> How was the built-in array created? (I would like to know,
> which quality I have to beat). In fact you already mentioned,
> that you want the same quality contraints for initial segments
> of the array, so my earlier suggestion might already do the trick.

You don't need to know how the original distribution was created to
compare quality.  If you follow the link i posted you will find several
measurements of the quality of distributions.  Apart from the maximum
uniformity the distribution should not be regular to be well suited for
radiosity sampling.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______