POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 29 Nov 2002 09:07:20
Message: <3DE776E1.81EB6466@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> > That's what I thought, except I expected the probability to be
> > sin(theta)
> > (or cos(theta), if theta is the angle between ray and TANGENT), implying
> > fewer rays close to normal than close to tangent. Is this a typo?
>
> I don't think so.

Then somebody should explain why they want their rays to be more
dense at the normal.
Especially with respect to your challenge below ;-)

> I'm sure if you come op with a method to generate a high quality
> distribution within a fraction of a second or so everyone would be eager
> to see it...

How was the built-in array created? (I would like to know,
which quality I have to beat). In fact you already mentioned,
that you want the same quality contraints for initial segments
of the array, so my earlier suggestion might already do the trick.

  Mark