POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Nov 2002 09:02:29
Message: <3DD64FF4.DC7BC64B@gmx.de>
Andrew Coppin wrote:

> [...]
>
> So... in short, you can't use radiosity. (Unless it's on a scene where it
> won't make any real difference anyway.)

I don't understand.  Why do you think radiosity makes no difference in a
scene with light sources?

The scene without light sources and only radiosity lighting is quite a
speciality.  It works very well with hemispherical illumination or similar
situations (as you can find in the sample scenes and documentation) but
like i already explained small objects with high emission of light are
difficult.  I have never seen a scene with this working well, neither with
POV-Ray nor with any other rendering package.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______