POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Film exposure simulation patch : Film exposure simulation patch Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Film exposure simulation patch
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 9 Nov 2002 11:04:59
Message: <3DCD3221.F40A6CBA@luxlab.com>
The patch simulates decrease of reactive chemicals in film
emulsion during exposure. The areas that have received more
light react less than other areas. Usefull for high contrast
scenes as it brings up the dark areas and limit bright areas.

I have combined aperture, film speed, and exposure time into
one exposure variable which goes into global_settings. The images
show the difference between normal and exposed image. I'll test
it some more to see if it works nicely with anti-aliasing and
focal blur.

Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: