POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Has anyone ever tried using the trace function to generate a mesh2 from an = : Re: Has anyone ever tried using the trace function to generate a mesh2 from an = Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Has anyone ever tried using the trace function to generate a mesh2 from an =
From: Ken
Date: 7 Nov 2002 22:58:48
Message: <3DCB366A.3E63E017@pacbell.net>
normdoering wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried to use the trace function in a macro to generate a
> mesh2 file from an isosurface?
>
> If so, is there pov scene code I can look at?

The closest thing that I am aware of is the triscan macro which was
written for Megapov using the trace function and generates regular
meshes. I don't know if it worked with isosurfaces or if it will
even work with POV-Ray v3.5. You can take a look anyway and see
if it will give you some ideas -

http://www.silvertome.com/packages.html

--
Ken Tyler