POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : macro or include files : Re: macro or include files Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macro or include files
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Oct 2002 12:32:11
Message: <3DB9720B.A4C614F@gmx.de>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:

> Does anyone know of a macro or include file to simulate waves on the
> surface of a fluid? I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>  I'm thinking of something like:
>
> [...]

This has been done before, Rune made several impressive animations with
that:

Subject: More ripples  (408kbu)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:16:47 +0200
Newsgroups: povray.binaries.animations
From: "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
http://news.povray.org/3cb9bc70@news.povray.org

i think this was implemented as a POV-Script.

I also tested it myself (using a separate c program):

Subject: balls simulation (665k)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:09:01 +0200
Newsgroups: povray.binaries.animations
From: Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
http://news.povray.org/3CDEE7FD.B2EA955@gmx.de

but neither of these has been published so i'm afraid you probably have to
reinvent the wheel for the moment (my program is not in a publishable
state).

Another link that might help:
http://www.darwin3d.com/gdm1999.htm#gdm1299

Christoph