POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 2 Oct 2002 07:49:43
Message: <3D9ADC6D.7050200@videotron.ca>
Andrew Coppin wrote:
> As I said guys, I know that compilers must _exist_ for other platforms (what
> with the number of C programmers they want for Windows projects and so
> forth)... Actually, now I strain my brain a bit, we used a Borland C++
> compiler at college (DOS-based thingy - but then, we were using Win 3.11
> anyway!) But let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to find a Linux distro
> with no C compiler;

That's just because the distributors bundle one with it.  The C, C++,
Fortran and Pascal compilers that come with most distributions are
really separate pieces of software.

Some Unices do (or did) not come with a bundled C compiler.

> how many Windows install CDs have one? ;-) How many
> *free* ones are there?

GCC is available for many platforms, including Windows.

 > Linux (and probably UNIX) is just _built_ to compile C;

No.  Just because most Linux distros also include an older version of
POV-Ray doesn't mean that Linux was made for POVing.

> PS. Drifting kinda off-topic here ;-)

Indeed.  follow-ups set.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }