POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random variation : Re: Random variation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random variation
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 27 Sep 2002 20:09:52
Message: <3D94F3B2.7070008@enter.net>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
 > represented with a double precision variable, with a perfect random
 > number generator any one of those values would be equally likely,

<g>

But then, for perfect random number generator, wouldn't we need to
plug a fresh cup of really hot tea into the USB port and use the
non-standard C function getbrownian() and somehow cast the
resulting vector as a double? Alas, I understand getbrownian()
isn't directly supported on all the platforms that POV-Ray is
compiled for, (or any of them, in fact) so this might somewhat
hurt portability.

</g>

--
@C[$F];