POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making plants : Re: Making plants Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making plants
From: Ken
Date: 25 Aug 2002 23:02:21
Message: <3D699AEB.F99D933B@pacbell.net>
Rohan Bernett wrote:

> Okay, enough grumbling, can anyone give me some advice (or better still a
> code exaple) on how to make a tree using recursive functions. My best
> vaugly recursive attempt at making a tree involved making several objects
> of different levels of the tree and adding them at different levels. i.e.
> one level with leaves, then one using branches with 3 leaves on them, then
> one using 3 branches from the one before and so on. It does look like a
> tree, but not very realistic.

My advice would be to look through the various tree include files you will
find here and look for inspiration from what others have done. You may
actually find you don't need to reinvent the wheel and someone already
has something you can use.

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/POV-Ray_Include_Macro_and_Object_Files/

--
Ken Tyler