POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rotations inherent in reorientation? : Re: rotations inherent in reorientation? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotations inherent in reorientation?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 29 Jul 2002 19:54:17
Message: <3D45D60D.3096F20D@hotmail.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> This *cough*  question about vector algebra  *cough* comes from experience
> with mega 0.7.
>
> Thanks for the update. I'm now using that one. But it didn't help.
>
> The code is very complex and so for the moment I guess I'll keep scratching
> my head.
>
> But from the simple vector calculus, there's no inherent rotation, right?

I do not understand your question Greg.

Did you try something like this ?

#version 3.5;
#include "transforms.inc"

#declare pRightWrist =
#declare pRightElbow =
#declare pTempRightElbow =
#declare RightWristAngle =

#declare vRightForearm = pRightWrist - pRightElbow;

#declare RightForearmTransform =
  transform {
    Axis_Rotate_Trans(vRightForearm, RightWristAngle.y)
    translate pTempRightElbow
  }

Tor Olav