POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity - sunlight through a window? : Re: Radiosity - sunlight through a window? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - sunlight through a window?
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 26 Jul 2002 05:24:08
Message: <3D411561.304AF068@luxlab.com>
John Pallett wrote:

> my goal here is to have a generic "sunlight" method that I can use with
> several indoor scenes

Here is one which uses realistic energies for sun and sky.
The net diffuse value for concrete is realistic 0.4.
http://luxlab.com/tmp/balance.jpg

Same method applied to a model where the materials of the
outside structures were at some random default values resulting
from multiple conversions. The inside materials were ok (net diffuse
0.25 for sandstone) so it's mostly realistic.

http://luxlab.com/tmp/church2.jpg

> which does not require an hour for each frame

Very high quality radiosity was used in the first scene because
measurements from the color probes needed to be accurate. Lower
quality settings give faster but less accurate results. It's still
going to be slow and difficult to use. If interested mail me.

Kari Kivisalo