POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? : Re: How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Jul 2002 16:59:59
Message: <3D24B5C3.666A1644@hotmail.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3D2389CA.9E4E78B2@hotmail.com>,
>  Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I think that my RayIntersectsTriangle() macro in the code below
> > provides such a shortcut (*), but I'm not sure yet if it is optimal.
> >
> > (*) Not really for lines, but for rays (which has a defined direction)
>
> I haven't really been following this conversation, so I might be missing
> something, but wouldn't this be a better way?

Warp explained why I did not make it that way.

I just chose a programming language that many
in these groups know.  ;)

The algorithms I suggested should be quite
easy to see, even if they are provided as POV
scripts.

As a bonus POV-Ray makes it easy to illustrate
the workings of such graphic algorithms.
(Because most people that read these groups
have a common "platform": POV-Ray.)

Tor Olav