POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spotlight and media question : Re: Spotlight and media question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlight and media question
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 7 Jun 2002 00:37:20
Message: <3D005531.B4842598@joplin.com>
Thanks for the input!

I should have stated earlier I'm using POV3.5 RC5 windows.

 I didn't want the spotlight to interact with the media all I wanted was to put
a spotlight on an object in an object with media.(that's about as clear as mud)

 I tried your suggestion about "ratio 1" and changing some of the other sampling
parameters, I haven't found the problem yet.  I also changed the size of the
sphere, change the sphere to a box, change the pigment from transparent to
solid. All with no effect.
 I do know one thing using absorption or emission alone, there is no problem.
And the artifact will disapear at certain viewing angles. There is no problem in
POV3.1.
I took that little POV file and turn it into an animation. It's hard to tell but
the artifact looks like a gaint sphere behind the spotlight.

When I decide to ask about this question here, I thought that someone would say
that it was an old problem and tell me the fix. But the more I work on it the
more I think it's a bug.

--
Have Fun!