POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Brilliance and radiosity : Re: Brilliance and radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brilliance and radiosity
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 19 Apr 2002 09:52:28
Message: <3CC02127.74F98FCD@luxlab.com>
Hugo wrote:

> and that formula cannot be handled by radiosity because "rays"
> from radiosity are not precise enough. Their direction is ... diffuse.

Just look at this http://luxlab.com/tmp/rad_brilliance.gif
The radiosity rays definitely have a direction. The algorithm may
be limited only to Lambertian surfaces because of difficult integrals
or something.

> Btw, with radiosity it's not possible to have an ambient source *equivalent*
> to a light source as you said, because the ambient source has to be a lot
> bigger in size.

Equivalent ambient source has the same dimensions as the light source.
Just look up "equivalent" in the images group. I guess I did the impossible.
I marked it as experimental as I knew this was pushing the limits of what
POV-Ray can do. Brilliance is the limit :)

Kari Kivisalo