POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Reproducing pigment from functions ... : Re: Reproducing pigment from functions ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reproducing pigment from functions ...
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 11 Apr 2002 08:09:50
Message: <3CB57F12.36BE6832@reading.ac.uk>
Warp wrote:

> Michael Andrews <m.c### [at] readingacuk> wrote:
> > #declare REBUILD = pigment { ... }
>
> > how do you define REBUILD to give the same pigment as PIG, based on
> > FNPIG?
>
>   AFAIK, it's not currently possible.

Well, yes it is possible (see the picture I just posted in Gilles' fast
cloud thread on p.b.i) but the method I've found is pretty brute-force
and klutzy. I was hoping somone would have a bright idea on how to do it
better than I have. That's why I haven't posted my attempt yet - I don't
want to predispose folks to look at the problem from one direction.

If noone comes up with anything by the weekend I'll post my solution.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.