POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? : Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keeping objects spaced enough using Array?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 24 Mar 2002 07:08:10
Message: <3C9DC1AB.86D1B283@gmx.de>
Using the Current SDL, I think it would be possible to
write a binary-tree-data-structure in a 1D-array. You'd
probably have to use some loops or perhaps even
recursive macros, but it can be done. If it must be proven,
I'll do it, when I have some free time, because I think
binary-tree-structures might be useful in many cases.

But for my needs, running through a few floats isn't
worth the amount of calculation and time I'd have to
spend in order to write a binary-tree.

--
Tim Nikias