POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? : Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Feb 2002 09:34:39
Message: <3C77A883.A442B0E3@gmx.de>

> I'm not sure what you mean by "stay longer".

If you place spheres on a bezier-spline (just an example),
they will clutter up on beginnings and ending of a section.
Each section is defined by the already mentioned 2 Nodes
and their 2 directions. When using tiny T amounts, the
calculated positions may be very close to each other,
resulting in no centrifugal force.
It's like looking at a millimeter of a 100 meter curve...

> I don't understand. If the three points line up it's either because there's
> no centrifugal force at that point or because you're using so small
> differences in T values that POV-Ray don't give you precise enough results.
> Can't you just use larger differences in T values?

In general, a section has some sort of curvature, and I would
like to use some general sort of the centrifugal force.

Its not very easy to explain...

--
Tim Nikias