POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? : How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  How to calculate Banking of Bezier-Splines...?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Feb 2002 06:04:54
Message: <3C77775E.C685782E@gmx.de>
The problem is actually pretty simple. Using a simple
cubic bezier-spline as input (2 Nodes, 1 Direction for each
node = 4 Vectors), I want to calculate the outward
pointing direction of any point on the spline.

Think of the centrifugal-force when driving around a
corner. That's what I want to calculate.

I know that Chris Colefax has done a macro for
splines, but I can't see through his algorithms. Any
suggestions, reference PDF-Files, or whatever?

--
Tim Nikias