POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : VRand_On_Object? : Re: VRand_On_Object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VRand_On_Object?
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 15 Feb 2002 00:25:55
Message: <3C6CB731.7AE2BC11@joplin.com>
In what way better, faster,more points on the object (less misses), hits more
evenly distributed?
After I read your post I did a little test. I had five different ways to shoot
traces at an object.

Here's a quick list of the results:

in Box with ray shot toward the center ___ 100% hit  : placement Good
in Box with ray shot side ways _________  80% hits : placement Fair
on Cylinder with ray shot side ways______ 70% hits  : placement Fair
on Sphere with ray shot toward the center  100% hits : placement Good
on Sphere with ray shot side ways _______ 20% hits : placement Fair

The boxes: used (VRand_In_Box) for the random number.
The spheres used(Vrand_on_Sphere)for the random number.
I made the random number generator for the cylinder

Hope this helps. If not I had fun playing with it.

--
Have Fun!