POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : RGB Conversion : RGB Conversion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  RGB Conversion
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 3 Feb 2002 17:25:11
Message: <3C5DB8B3.7FCD996E@gmx.de>
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I guess the
question is for the advanced, so this might be as correct
as any other place.

I am having problems creating a realistic color for a
wood-texture. I can't achieve the bright, yellow-orange
look exactly enough, and I'm the kind a guy who tends to
avoid the "copy others work - paste into mine" method.

So I tried to capture the rgb from an image using a
paint programm, but I also get things like hue,
saturation etc.
Is there a way to actually convert all that to a
single rgb, or do have to adjust finish{} as well?

And, can somebody tell me how to convert most
of the color information into rgb?

Thanks in advance!

--
Tim Nikias