POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photon Questions again! : Photon Questions again! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Questions again!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Jan 2002 05:41:57
Message: <3C5287D5.4779A2D0@gmx.de>
I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this in, but I'll
apologize if need arises and post to the correct group...

So, I was wondering, what exactly are photons internally?
Small lightsources or something like "glows" from MegaPOV,
which only brighten up the places without actually doing
lighting? And are photons interpolated in 3D-Space, but
wrapped onto surfaces, or what?

I was just wondering about a late image I made, and the strange
speckle sizes the photons appeared to have. And while wondering
about that, I though one could maybe create a SDL Photon
lightmapper using trace and lightsources...

Well, I'll wait and see what happens with this post... ;)

See ya,

Tim
--
Tim Nikias