POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photon lightmapping questions: : Re: Photon lightmapping questions: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon lightmapping questions:
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Jan 2002 08:48:44
Message: <3C51621B.2B9642DE@gmx.de>
> You mean you want caustics to be colored, but direct lighting to be
> white? Why?

In the mentioned image "WIP-Sculpt", the reflection of photons cause them
to gradually change their color (into something more greenish, because
the surface-pigment is rgb <1,.5,0>, and at some point, I get lots of
red and some green photons). I wanted to have only orange photons,
not ones with changing colors (looks somewhat strange, even if
calculation-wise correct). But the scene itself should be lit with white...

> It could probably be done with light groups, but I haven't done anything
> with that particular feature...maybe a colored light which shoots
> photons at an invisible "ghost object", but doesn't interact with
> anything else, and a white light which interacts with the scene,
> including a "real" version of the object.

I could try that, good idea, though I think I'll leave my Sculpt finished
now...

> The light source itself will only be visible if you use looks_like or
> scattering media.

Yup.

> I'm not really certain what you're asking...it looks like you
> accomplished what you wanted.

I already mentioned what I wanted above, so I won't duplicate
my sentences (#if (Words=Said) #avoid Spam #end).

Thanks for the answers, it helped (or will, to be honest).

--
Tim Nikias