POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Trace() and memory : Re: Trace() and memory Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trace() and memory
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Dec 2001 10:19:13
Message: <3C17750F.5249405@gmx.de>
Though I couldn't test your code yet (POV-Ray doesn't do multiple
instances yet, and I've got an I/O thingy running), I had a close look at it.

Somehow, I don't know why, there is this rumour that objects itself
can't be stored in arrays. You can actually do things like:

#declare Objects=array[3]
 {sphere{<0,0,0>,1},box{-1,1},cylinder{0,y,1}}

Somehow, most people think you can only store variables in there...

But yes, your code did actually (in some other method, not using objects
themselves) do the job I was talking about. Though that was of no concern,
I just wanted to know, if there is some easier way, some special clue, which
might improve the process.

Seems there is not, but that's fine.

Another thing that was just on my mind:
Using Macros, one could also increase the dimensions of arrays dynamically,
so there is also no need to set an amount beforehand.(Just in case someone was
curious about that).

Tim