POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Physics of flying? : Re: Physics of flying? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics of flying?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Dec 2001 20:48:56
Message: <3C0D7C9B.48EF0AA3@gmx.de>
I've found a solution by first calculating the path the particle would
take if it would look at the target, start with desired speed, but drops

in altitude due to gravity. I look how much it passes the target in
height,
and add some more to the initial target. Recalculate.
This way, we move closer and closer to the actual target without having
to do trigonometric identities and/or series expansions (which I am not
capable of)
in order to find the exact angle. I get a near approach that is
sufficient for the
system I'm using it with.

Nontheless, thank for your help.

Tim