POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Physics of flying? : Re: Physics of flying? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics of flying?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Dec 2001 07:54:52
Message: <3C0CC72D.92FCC73F@gmx.de>
Well, I don't understand, but I also think that you've misunderstood my
(or, which would be more precise, I didn't ask too well ;) ) problem.

This is the environment:
-Gravity, which pulls downward
-no wind
-no air friction

This is the particle:
-Speed
-Position
-Target

Everything takes place in 3D, but, since the path could be aligned to some plane
or another, we can stay put with 2D.
I can calculate the relation between position and target as range, as absolut
distance,
and as height.

Question is: Which angle does the particle's thrust (speed) has to be in
relation to the ground plane, in order to hit the target?