POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : accuracy ? : Re: accuracy ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: accuracy ?
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 19 Nov 2001 04:51:29
Message: <3BF8D68C.A2D05CDA@atosorigin.com>
Warp wrote:

> :>  What is the fundamental difference between this:
> :> #declare Fn=function {0.2}
> :> and this:
> :> #declare Fn=0.2;
>
> : is it rhetorical question ?
>
>   Nope. What I tried to say was that the function declaration above is
> more or less obsolete.

Maybe, but a function declaration without parameter implicitely got three
parameters (x,y,z). Now, nothing force you to use the parameters
for the computation of the function...

Invoking the function DOES request the parameters, and what was
previously said was that INVOKING a function without parameters was
a non-sense (to which I agree).

Rather than nitpicking about the function syntax, we should try to solve
the initial query.