POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perspective problem : Perspective problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Perspective problem
From: Thomas
Date: 19 Jun 2001 11:09:01
Message: <3B2F6AFD.128F9B9F@gmx.net>
Hello all,

I have a bit of a problem with one of my scene's and I have no clue on
how to fix it. In order to get every thing in to the picture I need to
tilt the camera a bit backwards ie. look slightly up. But since I'm
using a big angle (80) I get a bit of a distorted image, things that
should look straight are pointing inwards. This is what I want:

__________________
|                                   |
|  |                             |   |
|  |                             |   |
|                                   |
------------------------

but this is what I get:

__________________
|                                   |
|   /                           \   |
|  /                             \  |
I know that I get that because the camera is pointing upwards. But in
real life there are lenses available that can be shifted a bit ( I have
no clue what the official name for this is) so that this doesn't happen,
are there any ways that this can be simulated in pov or are there any
other ways around this?

Regards,

Thomas

ps. I can post a picture if anyone needs it.