POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3D shutterglasses : Re: 3D shutterglasses Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D shutterglasses
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 16 Jun 2001 16:16:44
Message: <3B2BC025.8D406C06@yahoo.com>
Filiep Geeraert wrote:

> I have an Asus V8200 Deluxe, and this comes with some shutter glasses, which
> can be used in some games.
> The VR Viewer that comes with the software always works in interlaced mode.
> And the sample images that you get are interleaved bitmaps.
> I 'd like to make some 3D pictures with Povray and be able to see them in
> real 3D.
> Is there a utility with which I can convert the two bitmaps to one 3D file
> or is there an easy way to do this with Paint Shop Pro ?

I'm not sure what are shutter glasses, a friend of mine bought a GeForce and got
3D glasses, with which he could play Quake3 with all the correct colors with the
real 3D perspective.

I am an OpenGL programmer and this can easily be done (even without 3D
acceleration), because you only have to support the Left and Right pixel buffers
(normally you only have the front one) and render to those buffers, and your
video card and glasses do the rest.

But I believe I getting a bit out of topic...

As for a utility that could read two images perform some basic calculations and
output one, it could probably be done very easily if it hasn't be done yet.

--
--
 Simon Lemieux  (lem### [at] yahoocom)