POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : is a one-way-transparent glass possible? : is a one-way-transparent glass possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  is a one-way-transparent glass possible?
From: Söllner Matthias
Date: 18 May 2001 04:26:27
Message: <3B04DCD0.B4CC1A1C@t-online.de>
hello!

Is it possible to define a plane
which is transparent for light only in one direction and doesnt appear
as object at all  ( it mustn't be seen!) and it mustn't be reflective on
both sides.

like a Glass throuh which i can look only through one direction
I need it for the following:

I stand at a point and look out through something like a window.
I want to see everything outside the window.
I also want to see if a spotlight from inside illuminates something
outside the window.
But if a spotlight outside the window points at my window, it mustn't
illuminate anything in my room.
Is such a thing possible?
And how?
Thanks for every answer