POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A 16:9 rendering : Re: A 16:9 rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A 16:9 rendering
From: Ryan Constantine
Date: 14 Mar 2001 22:18:59
Message: <3AB034A3.13C27639@yahoo.com>
> as you know it, by default, images are rendered for 4/3 ratio resolutions (640
> x 480 for example).
> So POV supposes the following lines are implicit in your source file :
>
> camera {
>     location ...
>     look_at ...
>     right < 4 / 3, 0, 0 >     /* Direction of the "right" of the camera */
>     up    < 0, 1, 0 >           /* Direction of the "up"   */
> }
>
> That's why the problem arises when images have an aspect ratio different from 4
> / 3.
> In your case, the only thing you have to do is to change the first commented
> line to :

>     right <16 / 9, 0, 0>
>
> This way, the renderer will compensate the deformation introduced by your
> "original"
> aspect ratio of 16 / 9.

right.  and welcome to the newsgroups.  you will want to read the
announcements newsgroup (all of the messages).  in them you will find
the proper useage for these groups, rules, etc.  this is a friendly way
of telling you that the image that you attached is in the wrong
newsgroup.  the povray.binaries.images group is where all images should
be posted.  commonly, if a message requires a picture for explaination,
you should put something similar to the following in your message:

"...<your problem>...

see the image i posted in p.b.i to see what i mean.

..."

by the way, no need to appologize for your english.  do your best to get
your point across, and we'll do our best to understand:)