POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rendering speed : Re: rendering speed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering speed
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Mar 2001 05:24:59
Message: <3AA75DF8.B40888BC@gmx.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> I have to model scene with a lot of parallelepiped. Some of them can be boxes
> and some not. Perhaps there is any person with done comparision about rendering:
> mesh, prism, boxes, polygons, clipped planes (perhaps something other). The rule
> is that objects are sometimes multicopied - I know that copied mesh saves memory
> but what about rendering ? Is rendering of 12 triangles faster than rendering of
> one box?

box and mesh are probably the fastest.  You could also try making several
'objects' with one mesh, but i don't know if that will improve things
much.

> Of course I can make test but under my WinNT I never sure if there
> wasn't other process. I have not dedicated comp for

If you use the CPU time in the Task manager, values should be comparable
even if other processes are running.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>