POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : rotating around x-axis inside povray : Re: rotating around x-axis inside povray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotating around x-axis inside povray
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Feb 2001 05:18:39
Message: <3A9B7F16.38B9520C@aetec.ee>
Remco Poelstra wrote:
> Because I'm writing a program that does some matrix calculations and
> outputs to povray.
> Now I was wondering how the matrices on
> http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/matrix.htm
> are constructed. I redesigned them by hand, and came out by the same
> matrices, except that I use the second method to multiply. ie, the
> vector as a column, not a row.

If 3x3 matrix (i.e. without transformations) is used then matrix is
same, regardless of multiplying vector row with matrix (i.e. vectors are
seen as rows) or matrix with vector column (vectors are seen as
columns). Difference comes, when You use 4x4 matrix, then matrix is
different (translation is either in last row or column).