POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question for the Math Geniuses (Geniuii? Genies?) : Question for the Math Geniuses (Geniuii? Genies?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Question for the Math Geniuses (Geniuii? Genies?)
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 23 Feb 2001 13:53:41
Message: <3A96B27C.8177F826@209software.com>
Here is my problem.

This is a math question, not so much a POV question.

Let's say I have a triangle, which defines a plane.  But all I have
are the 3 corner points.

Now, I want to get the plane's equation in the form

y(altitude) = f(x,z)

Of course I understand that the equation may be impossible if the
plane is completely vertical, but we can trap for that, and besides in
my application, it will never happen.

The language I will be using is C++ or Pascal, and the function I want
to write will look something like this;

function GetY(AX, AY, AZ, BX, BY, BZ, CX, CY, CZ, X, Z:double)double;

--
Bryan Valencia
www.209software.com