POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer : WIP: Door into Summer Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: Door into Summer
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 20 Feb 2001 08:06:18
Message: <3A926D2C.9050107@darwin.cwru.edu>
Well, I just saw the thread on Chris Huff's portal patch, so I thought I'd
post this.  This is one type of image that would be much easier to do with
such a patch, I'd imagine (though the patch doesn't allow light to pass
through)  It would certainly be faster than my method.

Speaking of which, my method isn't a camera trick.  I can place the camera
wherever I like and the scene doesn't go funky, up to and including the other
side of the doorway.

So what do folks think so far?  I'd like to increase the realism if possible,
because, somewhat counterintuitively, the more real I can get this, the less
real it'll seem.

Geoff

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: