POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : max_intersections problem : Re: max_intersections problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_intersections problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Feb 2001 09:24:48
Message: <3A87F230.54E25C88@gmx.de>
Alf Peake wrote:

> If its any help - I had a problem using around 6000 spheres to make a
> rounded (welded) inside corner on a curve. Using merge{} instead of
> union{} and playing with max_trace_level and
> max_intersections in global settings eventualy helped.
>
> Except in glass objects with that obstinate couple of black pixels, I
> can't see much change increasing m_t_l above around 30. Sorry, but I
> don't remember what m_i did to speed.
>
> I used DOS versions of pov3.1g and mp0.6 and the stats output gave
> useful help about progress.

Thanks, although it does not help much in this case.  I now use
max_intersections 2000 and it works while not being recognizable slower.

It would of course be nice to have something like 'eval' for
max_intersections meaning to have a high limit and testing how much of it
is used.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>