POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about photons : Re: Question about photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about photons
From: Micha Riser
Date: 6 Feb 2001 17:51:24
Message: <3A807FEA.D735E0B5@gmx.net>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> > - use '+MB0' switch to turn on boundings
> There is only the main object, and I don't think the single bubbles in the
> glass will get bounded extra, will they ???
> If they will, than it is surely worth a try, but I don't like to stop it
> now, because I'm at line 184 after 2d4h41m.

well, I don't know exactly why, but it gave with me a speeding up of about 10%

> > - you might try to group your bubbles according to their location in the
> glass
> > sphere and union them together in bounding boxes. I don't know if that
> will
> > really result in a speeding up tough.
> Group them ??? they're random ... I don't want to raise the parsetime by

I'll try it out and see if renders faster.

> PS: I'm worried about something other ... I got a paper in my Snailmail,
> that the electricity
>     will be down at 8th.Feb. ... The pic won't have finished till then ...
>     Does the "+C"-Switch work together with "+SPxx" ???
>     Does it work, when I have startet the original pic with "+SPxx"  ?
>     I hope ...

It should work fine. Just don't use +SPxx when you continue rendering. What I
don't understand is why you used SPxx at all... this is for preview only, there
is no reason in using that for the final rendering. POV also will not use pixel
which were rendered in the preview process for the final step! ... so if for
example your picture is still at 2x2 preview rendering and you see that you will
want it at final resolution you better stop it and start again (except you have a
HUGE parsing time.)

--
Micha Riser       email address: mri### [at] gmxnet
http://www.povworld.de/   The World of POV-Ray!