POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about photons : Re: Question about photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about photons
From: Micha Riser
Date: 5 Feb 2001 11:48:52
Message: <3A7ED973.D8A850EF@gmx.net>
I have tried several things and the result/suggestions are below. But glass (=
many reflections/refractions), photons and folcal blur is a combination that just
will take some time to render.

Suggestions:
- use 'adc_bailout 1/16' in your global_settings
- use '+MB0' switch to turn on boundings
- you probably want to use 'ignore_photons' in your glass object; this will not
speed up the rendering much, but it is suggested in the docs
- focal blut makes your scene rendering about 10 times slower. have you tried
using the focal blur post processing filter? Though I don't know if it can handle
this scene correctly. But it is certainely worth a try
- are the area_lights really neccessary? Have you tried just to put point_lights
and see how much is the difference?
- you might try to group your bubbles according to their location in the glass
sphere and union them together in bounding boxes. I don't know if that will
really result in a speeding up tough.

BTW: I'm just rendering a julia fractal of glass lit by colored spotlights... it
takes a little time for rendering as well.

--
Micha Riser       email address: mri### [at] gmxnet
http://www.povworld.de/   The World of POV-Ray!