POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Printing POV Images on a Press : Printing POV Images on a Press Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Printing POV Images on a Press
From: Michael Z  Tyree
Date: 2 Feb 2001 13:52:28
Message: <3A7B0174.E6B896E6@sedona.net>
Hi . . .

Does anyone have any experience with having their ray-traced images printed
commercially?
 I have had a couple of images reproduced as book covers and the colors are not the
same.  I understand that POV uses the RGB system and printing on a press uses CMYK.
When I convert my POV images to CMYK, they always lose a lot of brilliance and
saturation.

Is there any way to know in the POV program what you are going to get in CMYK before
you trace the final high res?

Thanks.
Michael