POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rotation mathematics : Rotation mathematics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation mathematics
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 10 Jan 2001 17:08:25
Message: <3A5CDD81.33664EC6@yahoo.com>
Hi,
  just finished my session and learned quite a few interesting things... such as
2D rotations, where in radians (0 <= r <= 2pi):
x = cos(rad);
y = sin(rad);

Now, I was wondering how to add the Z coordinate? Is it possible? I guess a
better use would be to have different angles, rotating around a given axis and
use the cos&sin functions just like for x&y but substituting x&z for a yAxis
rotation, etc...

Is there any better math out there to help about rotations? Except for
matrixes...

--
| Simon Lemieux           | http://www.666Mhz.net            |