POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room : Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 25 Dec 2000 07:18:14
Message: <3A488C8F.3010607@home.nl>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Ok, I understand what you are doing, but I still don't understand the
> problem you are having...why not just put the camera in the room,

Thanks, you give a a good idea. I thought I couldn't place the camera in
the room, because I couldn't see all reflectionpoints then, but I can
make a 360 degree image.
A new problem arises with that, when I was experimenting a bit with 360
degree cameras, it seems that only fisheye gives me 360.
Ultra_wide_angle gives only 180,
althought I set angle to 360.

> or
> make one or more walls transparent? Or are you having problems making
> the room itself? Is your problem with the primitives you are using, like
> CSG or a triangle mesh?

The biggest problem is now the CSG of the planes. I don't know how to
determine when to use invert and when not. Just checking whether D (in
<A,B,C>,D) is negative doesn't work, like it would do for a perfect box,
with 0,0,0 in it's center.
Perhaps I should use a completly different method  to create the box,
but I don't know how, because just giving to points like in box{ can't
give me the possibillity to place walls rotated.
Any ideas?

Remco Poelstra