POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room : Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 24 Dec 2000 11:18:58
Message: <3A47737A.7050500@home.nl>
Chris Huff wrote:

> a more precise description of what you are
> attempting would help.

Ok, I'll try to explain it as clear as possible.
I want to calculate first reflections reverb of a room, outputting a
wave-file and an image of the situation.
I like to do it in the following way:
I let the user describe the room by giving the equation of 6 planes. He
also gives the position of the soundsource, imagine it being a speaker
and the position of a listener, imagine it being you.
I calculate the reflections points, ie, where the sound bounces off the
wall. Finally I calculate the wave-file.
What I want to visualize is the situation defined by the user, whereby I
use spheres for the source and the listener, cylinders for the path the
sound travels from source to wall to listener.
I made a small example of this, with only one soundpath.
http://www.beryllium.net/~remco/room.jpg   4.2kb
This is a very ideal situation.
My problem is now, that the planes can be everyware in any position,
depending on how the user defined them.
My questions stays the same: How can I let my software output a good
room( when all I have is 6 planes and a bunch of points), where I can
look thru, because just taking away one plane as I did in the example is
almost impossible.

Hope this explanation is a bit clearer,

Remco Poelstra