POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room : Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Automised visualization of a 'hasn't to be square' room
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 24 Dec 2000 08:51:35
Message: <3A4750EE.7050301@home.nl>
Hi,

I'm writing a little piece of software, which does some calculations
about reflections in a room.
The user specifies 6 planes, which are the walls, a 'listener' and a
'soundsource'.
I want to visualize the room and the first reflections with povray, but
I've a lot of problems doing so:
The 2 major problems are:
1. I used intersection{ to make the box out of the planes, but since I
don't know where the planes are, I can't know when I have to do inverse,
and when not, assuming that every wall will be at another side of 0,0,0
, but even that isn't for sure. How can I easyly create a box when I
have only 6 planes?
2. When I've the box created, how can I look "inside", to see what's
going an? TonyB suggested to make the box out of triangles and take a
few away, making a hole, but since I have only the 6 planes, I don't
know how the convert them to triangles and take the right ones away.

I hope someone can help me with this problem,

Remco Poelstra