POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity scenes tinted? : Re: Radiosity scenes tinted? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity scenes tinted?
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 8 Dec 2000 02:00:38
Message: <3A308736.209C158F@kivisalo.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Well, in MegaPOV the default gray_threshold is 0, which  in most cases makes the
> radiosity lighting look too saturated IMHO.

My tests with the Cornell box indicated that to match their radiosity
engine gray_threshold 0 is required.

Too saturated lighting results from not using assumed_gamma 1.0, light
sources without fade_distance and too saturated surface and light source
colors.

Of course it's possible the Cornell University Program of Computer Graphics
did a sloppy job with their engine but somehow I doubt it.

For artistic purposes it's good to have a tunig parameter for matching
personal tastes.

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net