POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : contour mapping : Re: contour mapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contour mapping
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Dec 2000 09:28:06
Message: <3A2CFB74.3744C161@gmx.de>
Paul Jones wrote:

> Anybody have any ideas on how I could make a contour map of a height
> field?  I tried trace() and dropping a sphere at a point if it had a
> specific Y value, drop enough spheres and test for different heights and
> you statrt to get something which is OK, but it take half-past forever.
> Any other ideas? maybe a sphere sweep of some kind ??
>
> -paul

I'm not totally sure what you want to do, but as i understand it, you want
that contour lines only in povray.

How about just using a partly transparent gradient y texture on the HF.

If that's not a good solution, it would help a lot if you would say what
you want to use these lines for.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>