POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bamboo : Re: Bamboo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bamboo
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Dec 2000 09:49:47
Message: <3A2BAF0D.B5FFCD89@gmx.de>
Rob Verweij wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever created a bamboo texture? I'm creating a scene in which
> I use several sticks of bamboo and could use some hints and tips on the
> creation of the bamboo texture.
>
> Rob.

There are a lot of different types of bamboo, a lot of them have some kind
of gradient structure (resulting in 'rings' across the length)

You could use a gradient pattern for simulating this but remember the
geometry changes similar to the texture, so you should consider putting
the plant together from different individually textured elements.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>